The DATAView program is used to view data and perform quality control as well as some basic filtering, and correction. It serves the purpose of providing key software that delivers powerful capabilities without the necessity to acquire expensive commercial programs. The software is a natural environment for working with data acquired with NUVIA Dynamics’ portable (PGIS/PDOSE/RADScout) and airborne (AGIS/IRIS/SIRIS/ANAV/RADPatrol) data acquisition systems.
Note that DATAView is not designed for processing or interpretation of the data but for preparing the data for processing and interpretation steps.
The following tasks can be performed:
- Graphical and table display of the data by selected channels.
- Quality control on collected data.
- Data compensation and corrections (such as magnetic compensation, radiometric data accumulation, survey parameters corrections, etc.).
- Export data to various formats after processing and interpretation.
Processing and Quality Control
Some of the manipulations that you can perform include:
- Exporting Results to Geosoft®.
- Exporting Results to Google Earth™ and Google Maps™.
- Generation of a Calibration Verification Report for Radiation Detection equipment.
- Fast data verification for PicoEnvirotec (PEI) binary data format files.
- Data Export:
- ASCII format for use with standard data base applications.
- Geosoft GBN format for use with OASIS-MONTAJ data processing software.
- KMZ (Google Earth).
Other tasks include:
- Simple data correction / editing.
- Magnetic compensation (compensation coefficients must be already prepared with the MAGComp program).
- Stripping Ratios and Window Sensitivities calculations.
- Radiometric data accumulation.
- Spectral windows generation (ROI).
- Flight log generation : text file that can be exported to MS Excel. The file comprises information about flown lines, distance, timing, etc.
- Files segmentation and joining.
- Data Import from ASCII format into PEI binary data format.
Numerical data is presented in a chart as an analog type trace. Data channels can be observed in individual and/or multiple channels charts. The data can be also presented as a table.
Variety of functions can be applied to a data channel:
|First Digital Derivative||time data channels quality control|
|Fourth Digital Derivative||noise level evaluation in magnetic data|
|Vector||applied to 3-axis fluxgate magnetometer data to calculate field vector|
|Gradient||calculation of magnetic field gradient (vertical or horizontal)|
|Distinction||helps to find repetition (if any) in acquired data (quality control)|
Spectrum View is designed for spectrometer data visualization. Data change over time is presented with colored spectrogram. One time spectrum is displayed in a separate chart. Accumulated spectrum can be optionally displayed. Spectral windows (ROI) can also be observed in this view
For more information and inquiries on DATAView, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.